What are action learning sets?
Based on the concept of ‘learning from doing’, action learning sets meet regularly to consider problems they face in providing a service. With the aid of a facilitator, the sets explore the problems that they are facing and develop solutions. These solutions are tried, reported back to the group, and further refined if necessary.
The advantages of action learning sets include :
- finding solutions to real problems
- sharing learning across a range of work settings
- supporting a collaborative and empowering approach to problem solving
- securing longer-term impact
- providing a safe environment to deal with challenging and complex problems
- creating reflective practitioners.