|For information about programmes near you, please contact Sahira Irshad|
SFSC is for all parents. The programme is run in all communities with parents from lots of different backgrounds, including:
- mums and dads, grandparents, foster carers, and teen parents
- parents from different ethnic minority communities and faith backgrounds
- parents who speak different languages
- parents with disabilities or learning dificulties
- individuals with very different qualifications and jobs
- people like you!
What have other parents said about SFSC?
- “I became involved with the Family Intervention Project because of the problems I was having. I had lots going on, some would say my life was “chaotic” and I would definitely say my level of living was poor. SFSC really impacted on my parenting, and gave me time to reflect and make a difference to my family. My life has changed through SFSC and by contact with the FIP and the workers there.”
- “The classes were excellent. The facilitators ensured that everyone was included. They listened to, respected and valued each person. The sessions were always varied, pacey and interesting. I would recommend this class for every parent.”
- “Exactly the right material – wish it lasted longer as really appreciate the support network too. Great to take part in a multi-ethnic group – very enlightening.”
- “I feel more encouraged that I am a better parent than I thought I was.”
- “It was helpful being able to identify resources in the community and being able to ask questions to get answers to solve problems.”