Funded by Department for Education 2012-14
The CANparent scheme will offer over 50,000 parents in Camden, Middlesbrough and High Peak in Derbyshire a voucher worth £100 to spend on parenting classes. The Race Equality Foundation have been selected to take part and has designed a special flexible version of the SFSC programme for the scheme:
- Online course: Six half hour individual online learning sessions and an online group session each week
- Face-to-face course: Three two hour group workshops
- Blended course: Start with a group session, take four online sessions and then finish with another group session.
How can I find out more?
We know that not everyone is comfortable with the idea of the government ‘getting involved’ in parenting- and that’s why we’ve put together this Mythbusters Q & A!
You can also find out more about the CANparent scheme or about Strengthening Families Strengthening Communities, by:
- visiting the Strengthening Families site (external website)
- viewing our introduction to the online course video
- visiting the CANparent site (external website)
- contacting Leandra Box on 07867803081
- viewing the Strengthening Families, Strengthening Communities programme pages
- following us on Twitter @ref_sfsc or @raceequality, and search for the hashtag #CANparent
- viewing our CANparent press release (93kb PDF file) for more details
How can I get involved?
We are currently seeking trained SFSC facilitators to deliver these newly developed programmes in the three pilot areas (Camden, Middlesbrough and High Peak). If you are interested, please get in touch with Leandra Box.
Parents who wish to undergo the SFSC programme can sign up at Strengthening Families.